Company: APEX Group
Project name: Green hydrogen from Rostock
- 100 MW electrolysis plant for the production of green hydrogen.
- Own operation after completion 2027
- Production of more than 7,500 tons of hydrogen after 2027
- Connection via H2 pipeline from Rostock overseas port via Berlin to Leipzig/Leuna
CO2 savings: savings of at least 70,000 metric tons of CO2 annually from 2027 onwards
- Project start February 2023
- Commissioning end of 2026
The development of electrolysis capacities is one of the central goals of the national hydrogen strategy. In Rostock-Laage, APEX is building a 100 MW electrolyzer by 2027. Electricity from purely renewable sources will be used to produce green hydrogen, which will then be offered on a non-discriminatory basis through an emerging pipeline system, initially in eastern Germany and later throughout Europe.